Tuesday, June 28, 2011

On My Flight to Colorado I was told How to Lose Weight

I met this very nice lady on my plane flight from North Carolina to Colorado.  We were talking about trying to be fit as a more mature adult.  I must say she is 8 years my junior.  She said being in her 50s was very difficult to lose weight.  She had tried a lot of things and they didn't work.  But one day she discovered how good she felt after her walks. As this good feeling began to grow she found herself walking/hiking for the good feeling she received after.  In a short time she began to notice the changes in her body and checked the scales.  Surprise! She had lost 28 pounds.  She is still working with this.

I was on a Camino site the other day and she said the same thing.  When she stopped thinking about her body and how it looked to others along with all the other silly body issues we women seem to have, her weight just dropped.  She was talking about her daily routine.  She got up about 6am.  She is not a morning person so this was very difficult for her.  I am also not a morning person.   But she said after a while she just let go of her concerns for wearing the same clothes every day and washing them out every night.  She found her pace once she got through the blister stage and the pain from walking over the Pyrenees.  She said she started to feel good and didn't even think about how she looked or smelled.  Soon she was feeling good at the end of each day instead of sore  and tired.  She lost 18lbs during her walk. 

I am starting to find a common denominator.  Stop thinking about how you look and begin to enjoy what you are doing and everything will fall into place.  Along with the advice I received from a reader who has recently lost weight I will just let go and see each day as joyous.  I will revel in the joys of the results of the day and live simply.

Freedom
Our pain is a great teacher
You either fall under and say 'poor me'
OR
You look for the wisdom and
Become greater than the Situation


Buen Camino
b




No comments:

Post a Comment