Friday, July 29, 2011

Strange Energies going on in the World

I have been hitting the pool for laps.  This year, so far,  we have had about 50 days over 90 degrees with heat factors between 100 and 110 degrees and we are only 1/2 the way through summer.  We are having the hottest year in history and last year was the second hottest in history.  What a year to decide to work out.  To be honest the heat has finally gotten to me so I am doing laps and packing my home.   The market is slow so I am going to rent my home and go ahead and move.  I need to hit the mountains for some climbing to build those muscles.  So Colorado here I come, the end of August.

The pool has been great and I am now doing about 6 different strokes, swimming with goggles and a nose plug.  Not something I have done in the past but it sure speeds up the swimming.  Weight loss has slowed down, maybe because I am not walking as much but I stay within my calorie allotment and trust it will perk up here soon.

I am noticing as I am typing this that I am having a hard time being positive and fighting to stay light.  Hummm!  Must be some interesting energies around. 

I have connected with a few Camino people that will be walking this fall.  I will be watching their blogs to learn more about the blister thing.  Boy it is a big thing in the books I have of people's personal accounts of their walks. They describe feet covered in blisters, nightly rituals of threading thread through them so they can drip out and dry up.  Then they talk of the pilgrim walk, a sort of limp on the side of the foot so they don't step on their sore blisters.  Then I read of those who don't stop and take care of their feet and all the intense pain they have.  I wonder if when we walk long miles do we lose our common sense.   Or maybe it is a time factor, limited time to accomplish before they have to go home.  Maybe they didn't purchase open ended tickets and have a set date.  Not sure but I am going to have an open ended ticket and plan to stop when my feet need a day off.  I am looking for balance not extreme.  I did extreme all those work years and I never want to go back to that horror story again.

So let's take a look at some more pics of the Camino and close this very stressful day on a high note.  I hope congress gets it soon.  And I wish all of you a grand week end.






Buen Camino
b





2 comments:

  1. http://mscamino.blogspot.com/

    Above is a link to a blog that I am sure you will enjoy. Maybe you already know of Margaret Meredith but if not, you will find her to be a Camino fanatic, a wealth of information and an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robert

    I will check out her post. And thanks for reading mine

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete