Friday, May 25, 2012

I have been getting out more, suddenly.  Last Sunday I was out walking with a new friend and managed to complete 6 miles.  It was a neat walk.  We walked around a lake and then walked into a neighborhood and walked all over it.  There were some gentle ups and downs.  We were talking so much I didn't even notice where I was walking.  I tried last night to find the place and found it by chance.  I parked at Monmouth Park and walked over the hill and Wa La there it was, the lake.  I headed out over the hill but as I got to the lake it got real cold and I didn't have anything with me.  This was a real impromptu walk.  I tried to push through it but decided I was getting too cold and headed back.  I only got in a couple of miles.  But now I know where I was.  There is a shorter way to get there and I will try to find that one this week end.

I will be doing new work starting next week.  I will be working at home.  Not the best for exercise.  Therefore, I will have to create new ways to get in some exercise during the day.  I started an Insanity exercise routine yesterday as well.  We will see how well I do with that.  If it is too rough I decided I will just do what I can and not worry about being perfect.  The biggest challenge I have is doing exercise.  That is one of the reasons I want to walk the Camino.  My problem is I don't like doing it alone therefore I talk myself out of it easily. But, I want to have the experience of the walk, see the country, learn some Spanish, meet people and just be out there walking every day with nothing else to do but forced walking.  I have no idea how far I will get or even if I have what it takes to finish it.  I have been so stuck in my home most of my life by circumstances that I am not sure what will happen.  BUT, I might just make it all the way and I might just have an amazing time, and I might just make some new friends and I might......  It is all these' mights' that keep me interested.  

Life is a funny thing.   The more I learn the less I know.  I keep thinking 'I got it'.  I turn around to apply it and crap,  I don't have it yet so off I go to learn more.  I am getting to the place where I am surrendering again and just deciding that I will never have what I want.  I have been trying for 64 years and it just hasn't worked.  I have had the money to do this trip twice and both times things happened that kept me from going. So now I am trying again.  I do know the let go and it will come to you but don't really believe that statement any more, I have tried it too many times and failed.  The things that matter to me just don't seem to be in my life, it is like the universe says tough shit B you can't have it no matter how much you try.  Then I say I'll show you and head out to make it happen, only to be defeated again.  So much for my soap box.

I was thinking the other day as the weather switched from the 80s to the 50s, how much I hated this when I lived in Vermont.  I was happy to move to Florida and see the sun every day.  Then the day finally came when the heat and humidity got to me.  I headed west and have been enjoying the cooler, dryer weather.  And, I have found joy in the weather changes.  Maybe because I like to bundle up in warm clothes and snuggle so this cold weather feels good to me now.  I am finding the hot weather is not the hot of North Carolina.  It doesn't seem to bother me the same.  It is not as intense nor as long.  Of course, August will probably be more like North Carolina.  I am waiting to see how my first summer in Colorado goes. When I visited last summer the pool was freezing for me but maybe this year it will be better.

Time for my insanity work out and then take the grand dog out.  Later everyone.

Buen Camino
b


No comments:

Post a Comment