Wednesday, June 13, 2012

And The Fires Have Come to Enrich the Land



So Mother Nature has decided we need to clean the land here.  She sent lightening, let it smolder for a few days and then 6am Saturday 6/9/12 it erupted.  Since then the fire has burned over 47,000 acres and is on its way to the largest fire in this area.  I am watching the pictures on the TV right now.  They are showing it from the sky.  It currently is many, many miles long devouring a beetle kill area.  I see the flames rising high in the sky, some look over 100 feet tall.  It is volcanic like in it's consumption.  The smoke makes billowous feel like a trickle.  The film is shocking as it fills the screen.  Knowing what it looks like from a plane, everything so small, this fire is enormous.

This is day one.


Here is a link to more pictures of what is happening around my home.  This is my first fire and it is teaching me how small I am.  I have walked where there has been a fire and it is something to see.  A lot of stems in the air and on the ground but nothing else.  Then, you will pass a small flower coming up through all the destruction reminding you that life continues.   One day I will be hiking where this fire is, maybe not till next year as they are saying the fire might not be contained and out till fall.

Enjoy the pictures and may this not happen in your area.

buen camino
b

No comments:

Post a Comment