Thursday, June 23, 2011

Having a bit of a problem with miles, heat and weight

The heat is starting to get to me.  Over 3 weeks of 90's (3 or 4 days in the 80's) and feels like temps of 100 to 105.  I am having a hard time getting as much done with the intensity.  I will go out and walk 6 or 8 miles but I am in pain, aching, the next day.  I am drinking water before, during and after.  I drink about  90 to 100 ozs a day when I am out in the heat and about 60-80 ozs when I am home or only do 30 laps in the pool.  Maybe it is because I am overweight.  This too has been a problem.  I have been working hard and eating fruits and vegs with lots of greens like kale that is 48% protein.  I get lots of vegetable protein and eat raw as much as possible.  I do have moments off but in comparison to exercise and times it is nothing.  I should be losing weight but I am not.  I am stronger.  I have greatly increased my endurance.  I sleep through the night or up once, much better than before.  I have more energy so am up later.  I am a night person.  Slow to get going in the AM, come into my own by 2pm and go go go till 1 or 2 AM.  I am taking some nutrients and enzymes.  I will start a cleanse in 2 weeks.

OK, I just gave you all a run down.  Now does anyone have any suggestions?  Any one an expert in this area or do you know anyone that is?  If so please share any information you might have.  I am seeking knowledge from people who have done it.  I know there is a lot to read out there but I want it from those that have made it happen or are making it happen for themselves and even better if it is for others as well.

I am going to do some hill hiking for a couple of weeks as I will be in a cooler climate.  I won't have my blender or juicer with me so will have to do my best on the eating front.  Wish I had the funds to go see an expert but alas I need a job.

I hope you are enjoying the movies of the Camino.  By the way, the different terms used regarding this walk are as follows:  Camino, El Camino, The Road to Santiago, The Camino Frances, Camino Santiago de Compostella.  There are several roads, most of them lead to the Camino Francis and from there to Santiago.  The Camino Francis is the most well known and the busiest.

Here is a link to a Webcam at the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostella - The end of the Camino.  You will see many pilgrims walking around and some have spent the night in tents, having arrived late.

http://www.crtvg.es/camweb/index.asp?id=9&mn=COR

"See yourself as Water.  
Water becomes the container.  
Be water in all situations.  
Become the Situation. 
Be One."
(Train Every Part of Your Body)
Bruce Lee

Looks like you will have to copy and paste in a new window the links I am putting here at this time.  I will have to find out how to have them work within the message.  Sorry, this is a big learning process for this grand mother.  Thanks for being patient with me and enjoy the Webcam, it is fun to watch.




3 comments:

  1. I think you're on the right track with a detox in 2 weeks. But in the meantime, enjoy your time with your girls!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't comment much on your body being sore after exercise besides thinking it should happen less as you do more walking. Make sure you get a great pair of walking shoes that are designed for your particular foot type.

    I can however comment on losing weight since I lost 60 pounds about a year ago and have kept the weight off. All of the exercise and healthy eating in the world wont make you lose weight unless you are consuming fewer calories than you are burning. It takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose 1 pound so if you want to lose 2 pounds a week you need to have a 7000 calorie deficit for the week. When I was actively trying to lose weight I tried to limit my daily intake to 1500 calories.

    When you work out your body will want more food at first but you have to push through the hunger of the first week and then it gets easy. So keep on exercising and eating healthy but make sure you keep track of how many calories you are consuming.

    If you want to discuss it more just send me a message. I used some technology to help me understand how many calories I was burning so I would know whether or not I needed to exercise more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim

    Will you email me re this info. I want to connect with the online info that helped you. Also, I am eating mostly raw so I do not know how to count calories. Any suggestions?

    rosetta0229@yahoo.com

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete