Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Best Day Yet

I headed out today to work these legs and lungs not knowing that today I would make it further than I have ever before.  I am in sheer amazement.  I walked  8.5 miles today.  WOW  I am so excited.  And I got home, took a shower and then headed out to REI for a backpacking class.  Still moving!

You know that pudding commercial, where the husband eats the pudding and hides the big smile on his face with the newspaper.  Well, I have his face tonight, I have the pudding face but mine is the walking face.  SMILE

David Miller in "AWOL on the Appalachian Trail" says to find your stride and stay with it.  Don't try to overdue or sprint to keep up with others.  Just walk your stride at your pace and you will get there.  So today I did that.  I focused on just finding my pace and stride and being it.  That is how I got that many miles done today and was still able to head back out for a meeting this evening.  Thanks David

Buen Camino
b


No comments:

Post a Comment