Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's So Hot Here - I Can't seem to get away from the Heat this year

So I take a vacation.  I go to Colorado.  You know, that cool place in the mountains.  Well, let me tell you about it. Median temps this time of year are supposed to be 71 degrees.  Yes, 71.  Do you think I could get a break?  Not on your life.  They are having record braking temps in the mid to upper 90's the whole time I am here.  Ok, I will tell the truth, really there were 2 days in the 80's.  Now get this, I am roasting and I mean like a turkey on a spit roasting.  So I go to the pool to cool off.  In I go, happily doing my laps and suddenly I start to feel cold.  It seems that the dry weather fosters a cold chill in the water.  After sweating all day now I am in the pool freezing.  Cut me a break here. 

Change of plans.  We are going to Estes Park, higher stakes, tomorrow morning for a short trip to cool off and enjoy a light walk and some coffee at the outdoor patio by the river.  Awwwwww, sounds so great.  I am going to bring my long sleeved shirt in hopes I get to put it on.  I am dreaming of a nice cool morning, a breeze, some sunshine (maybe a few clouds just for decoration in the sky) and a tall cup of warm coffee.  A warm fuzzy feeling as I walk around the town and on a few short trails.  I will have my grand daughter with me.

So for any of you out there with those special powers of creation would you help me to have my dream day in the mountains.  Thanks

"We must be the change we wish
to see in the World."
Mahatma Ghandi


A view along the way - The Camino Frances in Spain

Buen Camino
b




No comments:

Post a Comment