Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's the Week End and I have to pay attention to the rest of my Life

This is an especially busy week end as I am going to visit with my grand daughter next Friday.  I haven't seem her since April and I can't wait to play with her.  I have in my plans to take her on a lot of hikes and hope to have her interested in hiking with me as she grows.  I want to teach her all about being outside and connecting with nature and your true self.

I have my house on the market.  I want to lighten my load.  I am selling much of my furniture.  In fact my favorite person to buy my home is someone who has lost it all and loves my home and wants all of it.  Then I will take my personal items and put them in storage.  They can bring what ever personal items they have and move into a nice house and not have to do anything.  If I was them I would be overjoyed.  I am cleaning and doing laundry.

There is great joy in my heart.  So many people have responded and shared so much.  I love all the posts and connections with all of you.  I feel I am already a pilgrim on the trail.  I was reading something interesting in Jane Christmas's book "What the Psychic Told the Pilgrim" regarding being on pilgrimage.  She and Brigitte had been discussing the ways of doing the walk and whether you lost something if you wanted to take a taxi or bus out of the city so you can walk free of all the city stuff.  Brigitte said "I cannot see wasting our time on a city highway, risking our lives with all that traffic... Besides we are pilgrims, not martyrs, right?"  Then Jane went on to say; "She had a point.  A pilgrimage is not about punishment but about making an intentional decicion to look at the world with fresh awareness and to consider your place in it.  A pilgrim defines her own pilgrimage; maps are guidelines, not  prison sentences..."   This really hit home for me.  It reminded me that if someone feels very strong about how or what must be done on a pilgrimage and I feel different then I must follow me not them.  They are living their pilgrimage and I am living my pilgrimage.  Yeaaa  what a wonderful thing to get into my head before I leave.

My saying for today is by Anais Nin, 1914 - 1977  a French born American Novelist, Dancer

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."

Thanks to everyone who is joining me here in this preparation adventure, you are bringing me new worlds and I am so excited and honored.

Buen Camino
b

No comments:

Post a Comment