Thursday, June 16, 2011

30 Laps at the pool - by the way I am getting a great tan with all this working out


With all the heat and humidity here I have been pushing myself to do all this exercise 5 days a week.  Last week was the first week I accomplished my goal.  I have one more day this week and it will be week two.

It is back in the 90s tomorrow after 3 days in the 80s.  Tonight I am sore and my legs feel like weights.  So I am chugging water and will hit the sack early

I finished my current book today, “AWOL on the Appalachian Trail.”  As he reached the top of Mount Katahdin in Maine I began to cry.  His wife Juli, his nine year old daughter Jesse, and his brother in law Mike hike the last five miles with him.  They go over some treacherous terrain, some if it climbing hand over hand to pull themselves up the side of the mountain.  The three do not have climbing experience therefore it is slow and arduous.  My heart beats faster as they climb, getting closer and closer to the end of his 5 month adventure.  When they reached to top and the end of the trail I was crying full blown.  I felt like I was with David all the way, feeling his pain, his aches and his joys.  Reaching his goal was as adventurous for me as it was for him.  Well, maybe not quite but it was right up there for me.

Tomorrow back with the heat and on the trail again for as many miles as I can make it.

"Don't ever give in to what you want right now, for what you really want."

Buen Camino
b

No comments:

Post a Comment