Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mowing the Hill for strength

Had a great green drink for breakfast this AM.  I have several good green drinks but most of them are too cumbersome.  I found a green packet at the Vitamin Shoppe.  It is so simple.

I have already mowed the lawn.  O what a chore it is.  I have a 45 to 50 degree up slant in back.  I have watched men, big strong ones have trouble with it and refuse to do my lawn any more.  So out goes this 63 year old to mow the hill.  Well, I look at it this way, I need to work all my muscles to get them strong enough for this trip.  SOOOO, a mowing I go, with my battery operated mower that is propelled by me. 

You should see the sight.  Just visualize a lawn mower going across a hill with this old lady bent at her knees, sliding down hill, trying to push and keep the mower on the hill at the same time.  This is certainly the thing that comics are made of.  This would be a good Maxine joke, I can see her now, skinny legs, knees on the ground holding the lawn mower and saying something like "I try to look like I am exercising before I dig into the food pyramid"  Then a second pic with the pic right side up and instead of being on a hill she is kneeling in the grass.   Just her style.  Ok, that was my attempt at making a joke. 

I am reading "AWOL on the Appalachian Trail" by David Miller.  He makes a comment and I am wondering if someone can tell me what the last sentence means and how do you do that.  Thanks

"A hot spot flares up on my foot, the pack belt cuts into my hipbone, rain pesters me, my knee tightens, and hunger suddenly makes me feel weak.  Heavy legs tell me to put my weight on my butt for a while."

I am now heading out to do 30 laps at the pool.  Must work more than my walking/hiking muscles.

Buen Camino
b


 

No comments:

Post a Comment