Monday, July 4, 2011

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY

I hope you have loads and loads of fun today.  This is my last day in Colorado.  Back home to NC.  We spent a great day in Estes Park, Co yesterday.  We walked and walked.  We made it a bit over 4 miles, not bad with a 3 1/2 year old.  Lots of fun.  The water is high due to heavy snow fall so the rivers were raging.  There is still plenty of snow on the mountain tops.  Great place to be if you ever are out this way.

Back home to Tasty Harmony Restaurant again.  If you are in FT. Collins it is a great place to eat.  It is a vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan restaurant with some interesting and delicious food choices.  My son in law is a meat eater and loves the food there.

I will be flying tomorrow so no post again till Wednesday.  I will add some info below along with a couple of pics.

Just remember to have great fun with the fireworks tonight but be careful. 



Here are a few great pictures to show you what it would be like to walk on the Camino.  One moves from small town to small town.  In most cases one can find a place to stay every 10 to 15 kms.  Not so bad, about every 6.6 to 9.9 miles.  As I understand it, many hike more like 25 to 30 kms a day or about 15 to 20 miles a day.  Give or take a bit on my measurements.

These pictures give me insights to what it will be like to hike daily and what the terrain will be like.  I noticed that I will be ready to begin hiking up mountains by September.  In Estes Park we went up and down small hills and I see I need much more lung work out.  But never fear, I am excited to try be able to run uphill.  I want to still be hiking when I am in my 80s and 90s. 

When the disciple is in the midst of
high resistance he takes the 
viewpoint of the observer 
and his
consciousness
is not sucked
into
the 
situation.

I don't know where I got this quote but I declare honor to them and thank whom ever it was for these great words.
Buen Camino
b

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing. Happy 4th to you too!

    ReplyDelete