Monday, July 18, 2011

If I was a super hero I would be .......

Just a bunch of short walks this week end.  Still working on my diet.  It is much better.  I was eating raw and loved some of the changes that happened with it.  Realized I needed to temper it for two reasons.  One, I need more with all this exercise.  Just by adding in a small amount of organic grass finished meat and a bit of sprouted bread and wha la, life is good.  The second reason is because I want to release some weight and it wasn't happening with all raw.  I was hungry all the time and eating too many calories.  With me walking 17,000 to 23,000 steps 4 times a week and still no weight loss.  Da! too many calories.  Now that I have added back a bit of good meat (organic grass finished only) I am now losing weight.  I have found my balance.  This makes me eating more of a Paleo or Primal type of diet.  Lots of greens, fruits, vegs and a small amount of organic grass finished meats, no dairy, legumes or grains.  (My cheat is a bit of sprouted grain breads).  The raw is the same except no organic grass finished meats.  

I have found another problem with my feet and found a cure.  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  I am so excited to have decided to prepare for this walk in advance.  I am finding all sorts of little challenges and solutions.  If I was on the trail I wouldn't have this kind of availability of information and time to make changes.  I would be suffering with great pain and blisters etc.  I am sure when I do walk there will be plenty of things for me to deal with but I am hoping I will be able to eliminate too much physical damage as I am 63 and don't have 20 or 30 years to fix things like so many young people who just go out and walk and go through so many real physical problems.

I am reading about the different Albergues and some of the etiquette.  It seems many get up at 4am to head out early.  But we are all in one huge room sleeping right next to each other.   There is no way that one can sleep through all the noise and the head lamps shinning around the room.  I am wondering how well I will feel when I have to be out by 8am and I am still tired.  I get my best sleep from 4am to 7am and really miss this if I don't get it.  This will be my first challenge on the trail.  I am thinking maybe I should try to change my bio clock before going.

Here is another interesting thing I have discovered.  People arrive before the Albergue opens and they line up their backpacks waiting for it to open.  Now for those of us who don't walk as fast and don't leave as early, we have to take what ever is leftover or continue walking to another town for another albergue.  This is something I am wondering about.  Maybe this will be my "feet full of blisters".  I have learned in my reading that no one really just walks the Camino and has no problems with life or physicality.  You will get to read all about it here.

I am taking a day off and going to see Harry Potter today.  I am a magic fan.  I also love those kung fu movies where they fly through the air.  That is my dream.  If I was a super hero I would be one that can fly and move through time with ease.  That being said, if I wanted to check out the Camino I would just fly through time and be there in a minute.  Awesome superpower. 

Buen Camino
b

No comments:

Post a Comment