Friday, July 15, 2011

The Swimming is improving, I am getting stronger

Tuesday I swam 40 laps for the first time, Wednesday I headed for the pool again but only got in 3 laps before a thunder and lightening storm started.  Back again on Thursday.  Yesterday I did 40 laps again.  This time I pushed myself to go faster.  Tuesday it took me 70 mins to do the laps.  Yesterday I did it in 63 minutes.  I was very happy with the change.  I didn't really have any sort of schedule or thought process regarding my swimming.  I started just to use other muscles than the ones I use for walking, realizing that the body is holistic and if I don't train the whole body then one day I will have problems, especially when I start asking it for much more than I am now.  As I am swimming ideas come to me and I start doing them.  I guess I am getting into that inner knowingness or guidance.  It is working.  I was amazed at how well I swam faster and harder.  We will see where this all goes.

Yesterdays post I put on a facebook page for American Pilgrims on the Camino (APOC) and immediately got some great advice and help for my achilles tendons.  Out of all the info I thought to seek out a product I have had for some time.  It is called Triflora.  It is a Natural Homeopathic Analgesic for arthritis, rheumatism, tendinitis, simple backaches, stains and sprains.  A health food store owner recommended it to me many years ago for pain from walking 5k and 10k race/walks.  I had forgot all about it and it was just in with my stuff out of sight.  I pulled it out and put it on my left heal, the one that hurt the most, before going swimming.  Within 10 mins the pain was all gone.  It came back by bed time.  I put it on both heals and woke up this A.M. without any pain.  Usually I wake up with pain and have to stretch it out and walk it out.  Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.   Homeopathic things are so great.  I keep finding wonderful things and have been for years.  I hope this will keep me from having to wear the boot at night.  Now I must find some more of this great product.

It just seems that I get supplied with all the help I need as I move on down this road to health and well being.  I do appreciate all my readers.  You are a great bunch of people.  I hope to see some of you on the Camino one day.

Today I am going for a walk.  The weather cooled off so out for a long walk today.  I think I will walk to a friends and visit and then go to my shopping area.  One of these days I will take on an even longer walk, like 12 miles but it will probably happen without my even planning it.

Short one today, I want to get out and see how this day turns out.  Thanks for being around and reading my blog.  I will end with a pic form my Camino resources.  Blessing to  http://onthecamino.squarespace.com/picture-gallery for allowing sharing of your pics.

Buen Camino
b

2 comments:

  1. Good job! The swimming is a great solution to the heat you all are experiencing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dolphin - today we had our first cool day since winter - it was awesome - I walked most of the day - and it rained so I could practice walking in the rain - yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete