Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Some Awesome Revelations

The more I exercise the more I have pain.  Yup, that is true.  So what do I do with this?  I am not going to give up.  So I must find my way through it all.  I thought of going to a chiropractor but at the moment it is not in my budget.  Then I thought of going for a massage and that too is outside my current budget.  So I have been doing more stretches and limbering exercises.  Come see, come saw as for relief.  But! Sunday (it was so hot and muggy here) I went to the mall to walk.  The first time around I didn't even notice this new store front.  I talked myself into going around again.  Shortly after I noticed people standing outside of a small store waiting to go in.  Then simultaneously I noticed a reflexology chart. They always draw me in as I have learned the wholestic nature of the body and the affect on the body when we work our hands or feet or head. 

As I stood studying the chart, one much better than mine and I wanted to own it, I noticed people getting reflexology treatments.  I saw a price sheet.  I was soon in line for my own treatment.  I must tell you, I want to take these people with me and move them to Colorado with me.  This was THE most amazing treatment I have ever had.  They were Chinese and had studied massage and reflexology like none in the USA.  I was in heaven when I left.  I was not even entirely here as I continued walking around the mall.  Dazed and beaming I wandered the halls.

Yesterday I awoke with much less pain.  I had a restful day talking with my friend in Italy for 6 hours.  How in the world does someone talk for 6 hours.  I have no idea.  It just happened.  But after such a long time in a restful state (I wear headphones when I talk on the phone so I don't have any of the pain of holding the phone for a long time) I began to notice that I didn't hurt anymore.  Within 24 hours after being worked on I was feeling great.  Then  again this morning I awoke to a painless body.  Three cheers for the Chinese massage therapists.  They are genuinely a gifted group.

This message was scheduled to be about the pain and for advice from any of you that had any ideas but I am feel so good now.  Of course, if any of you have any input I would appreciate you sharing it.  There is something else that has happened,  I find myself getting up and immediately starting to do stretches and then on the floor for more stretch type of exercises and then I started doing my Qigong, which I hadn't done in some time.  It is as if all I needed to do was to start down this path and at appropriate intervals new thoughts come to me and I start doing what needs to be done at that moment.  The same is happening with my swimming.  I can't say enough about swimming.  I just never realized how much it really strengthens the body. 

Back to swimming , suddenly I have started to do more strokes, a variety is now happening.  I began with just one.  This one allowed me to be one with the water and I found it easy to do 40 laps.  It was not a strain as I was totally focused on how it felt to be moving with the water and the laps just flew by.  I began adding another stroke about a week and a half ago.  This was fun and also made new sore points as I was using different muscles.  But, I was enjoying it and continued.  Then suddenly the end of last week I began to add 3 more strokes.  Now I am varying between 5 strokes and getting a much better work out.  Then to add on a new piece, this week end at the mall I bought goggles and nose plug.  this will enable me to do even more strokes.  So off I go tomorrow with my new gear to practice at a new level.

If any of you are in the mind to begin working out.  All I can say is if you start gradually with walking and let it grow on it's own it will really expand over time.  I started in February walking with my gazzele.  Then in April I began walking outside.  This continued until I started swimming in June when the pool opened up for the season.  I am already trying to figure out how I can continue with the swimming in Colorado.  Exercise seems to beget exercise.  It seems to bring about it's own natural flow if you allow it.  I am letting my body guide me.  If it tells me to do something then I do it.  I kinda just get the idea or thought.  It is working out well.



I am packing now.  My belongings are going into storage and I am renting my home.  Unfortunately I am in that middle class situation with my price.  Homes a lot less than mine are selling and homes a lot more than mine are selling but my price range is not selling so I am going to rent.  I will be in Colorado by the end of August, beginning of September.  I would appreciate any good thoughts coming my way as I negotiate with a property manager this week.  This has worried and saddened me much but I am trying to look at this from a bigger picture.  I won't be able to buy a home and will have to rent a one room apartment but I will have income from the house after mortgage and property management fees.  This will help tide me over till I can get a job or jobs in Colorado.   WOW!  what changes are gong on in my life.  It is all amazing and very scary.  this is not where I thought I would be at my age.

There is a bit of the survivor in me and I just know I will survive my only problem is I often get pissed at how I have to survive.  It's that control thing, I want it my way.  Maybe it is an American way, isn't the saying "have it your way" big here.  Don't a lot of businesses use it?  Of Course, we are the king of 'have it your way'.  But for some reason I can't seem to get it my way.  Pisser!  So I have a saying when I get to these places in my life, which I have had many of them, 'With all this horse S..t around there has to be a pony, I just have to dig deeper."  Smile those of you that get it, for others, become a kid again and you will see the humor and joy in that statement.

I want to end today with some pics of July 25 in Spain.  It is the holiday of St James.  It is like our 4th of July but with out the same meaning.  It is the joy of the saint that saved their country from the moors, well I guess it is then just the same, it is about their freedom as well.  I hope you enjoy the pics.








This is the Cathedral of St James in Santiago de Compestella, the end of the walk across Spain, the goal.  I had found some awesome pics I would have liked to show you but they were not allowed to be copied so I am going to put the address below so you can see them.  They are worth the visit.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000775789043

Look for the pics in the middle of the page showing fireworks photos and click to see them all.  If you don't get this till late and more posts have been posted then look for it on 7/26/11 posts.

Buen Camino
b




No comments:

Post a Comment