Saturday, July 16, 2011

Walked in the Rain for the First Time

I have been telling myself I needed to experience walking in the rain.  But like all things like this, I kept putting it off.  Yesterday was the first time it hasn't been boiling hot since winter.  I seized the day and headed out.  As I stepped out of the garage I decided to grab my umbrella, just in case.  I checked the weather and it said scattered showers but didn't show anything on the radar.

I hadn't been walking more than 30 mins and the sprinkles started.  Soon it was raining, that lovely soft rain that has always looked a bit inviting at times.  I discovered I didn't mind it at all.  I reminded myself that this is nothing like a torrential down pour where one gets soaked and stays soaked while walking for many miles.  This experience is yet to come.

I did make the decision to get off the trail as the rain continued and I headed into the local area.  The green way is a bit forbidding when it is raining and you are the only one there.  I continued to walk in the rain rather enjoying myself.

I ended up walking 5 1/2 miles.  It would have been longer but a neighbor stopped and wanted to give me a ride, very insistently.  I decided to come in out of the rain.

All in all my first experience walking in the rain was good.

Have a great week end

Buen Camino
b

No comments:

Post a Comment