Friday, March 21, 2014

WOW Walking and Lungs working

Amazing how quickly the lungs can repair after a heavy chest cold.  I went out this week (last 5 days) to try and build my lungs back up.  It happened faster than I would have thought.  By Thursday I went hill walking with my 6 year old grand daughter and I am happy to say I did not lose my breath.  No running or fast walking but I made it to the top of 3 hills without any stress.  Yeaaaaa


The hills were kinda like this one, only this one is in Spain.  I look at the pics various people put on the net and then try to find something like them locally so I can practice.  OOOOOOOOOO to be in my 20s again and just be able to go without all this work.  After 30 years behind a desk it has taken it's toll.

This is a nice pic tho isn't it.  Stop and just imagine what it would be like to just saunter up this hill, looking around at this great earth and taking in all the wonderfulness. And not have anything you have to do but arrive at your destination for the day.  I am excited and scared, and it is all bringing great  anticipation to me.
My grand daughter asked if she could go with me.  I explained that she is not quite ready for this big a trip but when she gets older if she still wants to do it then I will go again with her.  :)))

I have been diligently recording my exercise, food consumption and weight on an excel sheet.  This is not something that I am usually good at but this time I believe I must do this to stay focused and make my trip happen.

Tomorrow I am supposed to attend a Camino group's Shell Ceremony but it is threatening to snow up to 7 inches.  Crumb!  I have been looking for a group within a reasonable distance from me for several years.  I finally find one and now snow is threatening my chance to meet them all.  Maybe I will get lucky.  :))))

I will try to get a good pic if I make it and share it with all of you along with a full explanation of what a Shell Ceremony is.

Buren Camino
b

No comments:

Post a Comment