Sunday, September 29, 2013

I thought I would share what has been keeping me so busy

What a great world I live in.  I have the greatest of luck.  My grandchildren keep me very busy, filled with love and grateful for my life.  I take care of them plus two others.  They have kept me very busy and pushed me to my limits and then created new limits.  One of my readers said I am doing my Camino right now with all my preparation and she sure is correct.

One of the reasons I wanted to do this walk is because I have never done anything like this in my life.  I have never been as physical as the Camino will make me be.  I honestly don't have any idea if I can do it.  From one moment to the next I swing back and forth between I can and I can't.  In fact I work out and walk and begin to build my strength and longevity, then suddenly something happens that keeps me from going out and walking.  I fall behind and have to start all over again.  By now I had expected to be able to walk for at least 8 to 10 miles everyday.  But I was not able to walk all summer long.  Behind again.

So I have set another goal for accomplishing my walking goals.  I have just 2 years left to lose another 50lbs and be used to walking everyday for at least 10 to 15 miles.  The other big thing is to be able to walk up a mountain without severe panting as well as be able to get over the Pyrenees in one day.

I guess I am walking a Camino right now but this one has so many interruptions and crazy changes I can't wait to walk the Camino in Spain and just do the same thing everyday without all the crazy schedules I have right now.  My days start at 5:30am and ends between 6:30pm and 8pm.  I get home so tired and hungry I never make it back out to workout as I need a full 8 hours of sleep to keep up the pace.

 Hummmmmmmmmm  and I thought it would be easy to be able to work out if I didn't have a desk job and was out everyday with kids.  Wrong!!

Anyway, I keep going and keep trying and keep believing I can.


The four keep me quite busy and force me to be very creative to keep them all happy, at lease most of the time.


I am choosing to believe that this winter will be better than this summer.

Over the summer we had 4 weeks of summing lessons, 3 weeks of golf lessons, 3 weeks of pottery lessons and the oldest got his gokart license and did an archery class.  Sometimes it just felt like I was going from one thing to the next.  If being able to be flexible and be able to just push on is a trait I need then I can say I got that one down.

We had a very big fire in the mountains last year that kept us from being able to walk during the spring, because of all the smoke.  This year we had lots of heat and then a very severe flood, more like the Katrina Hurricane, with all the damage.  So mother nature has been putting this area through a lot in the last year or so.  I am beginning to think the world is on it's own Camino with all that has been going on.  Is it time for our world to rise up to a better place!?

Hope your "Camino" is going well and you are wading through your life with great success and if not, then may the hand of good fortune push you on :)))

Buen Camino
b




No comments:

Post a Comment