Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's beginning to Rain in Colorado

In various places around the state the rain has finally started.  It should hit Ft Collins soon.  We are all looking forward to it.  I am thinking of going out and dancing in the rain.

But first, we had an outstanding 4th of July this year
The kids getting ready to show off their decorating skills

Water ballons flying
Lots of water balloons
Yesterday we danced from the water balloons flying all around.  It was great fun and we all got soaked.  We have an unusual way to celebrate the 4th around here.  The kids get to decorate their bikes and themselves, then they proudly bike around the cul d sac showing their skills and decorations.  Lots of clapping and cheers, then all the kids have their sweet snacks.  Then out came the buckets of water balloons.  Little ones shooting at your feet, the next size up goes for your body but it gets really fun when the older kids start.  That's when you really get soaked.  Lots of water down the heads and over the bodies.  Of course the best fun is getting them back.
My grand daughters entry

And more water balloons







After lots of laughing and water we ran out of balloons and out comes the cups to dip in the buckets and really soak your foe.  We headed home for some lunch, a nap and then more water balloons.  My grand daughter thought it was such fun that she wanted to' do it more'.  After a quick trip to Walmart we had a new supply of water balloons.  We played toss games and just flat out soaked each other.   A little bit later and once again I needed a change of clothes. 

We had planned on taking in the fireworks south of here but the wind changed and the smoke from the fires rolled in.  We decided to stay home as my daughter is pregnant and she is not able to breathe all that smoke.  We set up a real neat 4th of July in our living room.  We made a typical picnic dinner of hot dogs, brats, mac. salad and special 4th of July cupcakes that my 4 year old grand daughter helped to make.


 She decorated then in red, white an blue sprinkles.  Then we put out a fake fire in the middle of the living room floor, closed the curtains and got out all our light wands.  When the Macy's 4th of July fireworks began, my grand daughter danced to the music and we saw some awesome firework.  Since we were home we got to see a 2nd set of fireworks from Boston.

We went outside after and found that the winds had changed, the smoke had moved out.  We were further gifted with the last big set of fireworks from the ones we had intended to attend.  My grand daughter sat on my shoulders and cheered them.  It was a great end to the day we had to  create because of the smoke from the fires.

I forgot to take pics of the fireworks so added last years photo here.  I hope your 4th of July was great fun and for you that do not have a 4th of July celebration I wish you a happy time for your next celebration.

Something has shifted in me and dieting and exercise have become primary for me.  I have several days now of reduced food consumption and walking in the evening.  Soon, the temps are going down, I will be back out hiking again.  I have decided to sell my house next spring and do the Camino next summer.

buen camino
b

No comments:

Post a Comment