Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wishing I was out walking in the Mountains

A depiction of a pilgrim on a wall in Lograno

After so long working at packing and throwing things out and selling things and..and..  Well you get the picture - MOVING.  I wish it was over with and I was already in the mountains of Colorado.  I leave 2 weeks from yesterday.  I will be taking my time as the trailer can only go 55mph.  I could go 70mph with mine, but alas it was stolen when I arrived here in Charlotte.  I will make sure my balance is correct when I pack and I am hoping I can set the cruise control on 60mph.  This will be a slow tripppppppppppppp.

I will travel the smallest number of miles a day I have ever traveled.  I have planned  380 the first day, 370 the second day, 446 the third day and 445 the fourth day.  I will spend my last night in Cheyenne, WY and drive in the next morning (only 46 miles).  After sleeping in and a leisurely breakfast I should arrive around noon.  Then it will be unpacking and returning the trailer.  Two days rest then off to Santa Fe, NM to meet friends and camp for the Labor day holiday.  Kids have in laws coming in for the holiday and it would be a bit crowded so I will play with friends while they visit. 

Finally!  The first week in September I will be settled in Colorado and that first week end I will be in the mountains.  This is going to be quite a change for me.  I will have come from 5 months in the 90s and 100s for temps and suddenly I will be in the 70s, with 50s and 60s in the mountains.  I think I will have to make sure I take something to keep my immune system strong while my body makes all the changes.  It will be strange to be cold.  I haven't been cold in years.  I am so looking forward to it.  I am thinking  walking every cold day we have to build my system.  My hypothalmus won't have had to work this hard to keep me warm for many years. Yea, can't wait.

I am wondering if I will have slipped back a bit with all this packing instead of walking.  Rebuilding a bit will definitely be part of my regime.

I wish all my readers well and thank you for sticking with me.

Buen Camino
b


No comments:

Post a Comment